ORTHODONTICS FOR ADULTS
Many of our patients are adults! You will find yourself right at home as 20% of our patients are adults – ranging from 18 to 88 years old! Having a healthy smile that you are proud of is easy to achieve with Invisalign or clear braces. These options are esthetic, comfortable, and effective.
There are many rewards to orthodontic treatment at a later stage in life, including:
- Improvements to your personal appearance and self-esteem.
- Increasing the health of your teeth and gums are all important benefits of adult orthodontic treatment.
- Straight teeth decrease the chances of gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, as well as headaches and jaw joint pain (TMJ/TMD).
Overall, many adults see braces as a worthwhile investment in exchange for decades of straight teeth.
Treatment Options for Adults
- Clear Braces: Our advanced low-profile brackets are less visible, efficient, and comfortable.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign is a removable, nearly invisible treatment option which simplifies hygiene and provides maximum comfort. Click here to find out more about Invisalign.
- Nightguards: Nightguards or “splints” can minimize the wear and trauma of grinding and clenching, and can be used to treat TMJ/TMD pain.
- Sleep Apnea Appliances: If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, we can work with your sleep physician to make an oral appliance which will treat your sleep apnea. For most people, these appliances are easier to wear and travel with than a CPAP machine. Learn more about our sleep apnea appliances.