Dr. Dana Tang
Board Certified Orthodontist
Board certified orthodontist Dr. Dana Tang loves working with children and teens, as well as adults. She chose the field of orthodontics after having treatment herself and realizing the impact of a smile. She wanted to help others experience the joy and confidence that a beautiful smile can give.
After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in biology with a minor in chemistry, Dr. Tang received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry. She also completed her orthodontic residency and received her Master of Science degree in orthodontics from UNC.
Now, at Gardner & La Rochelle Orthodontics, Dr. Tang truly values building relationships with patients and working with them throughout the process and transformation.
In her free time, Dr. Tang loves to spend time with her family and friends, to be active in the church and community, travel, garden, cook and practice photography. Her husband is in the United States Army and they have two daughters and a dog.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology & minor in Chemistry, Highest Honors University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree, Honors with Distinction University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC
- Orthodontic Postgraduate Education & Master of Science Degree University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC
- Board Certified [American Board of Orthodontics Certification, Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics]
- OMFS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation) Daniel M. Laskin Award for the most outstanding article published in the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2014
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree with Honors with Distinction
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology & Minor in Chemistry with Highest Honors