Dr. Graham Gardner
Board Certified Orthodontist
Board certified orthodontist Dr. Graham Gardner knew he wanted to be an orthodontist by the 7th grade. He even did his 8th grade science fair project on orthodontics!
Dr. Gardner later studied at Wake Forest, MCV, and NYU, where he worked closely with the cleft palate team on several complex cases. Since then, he’s been consistently voted “Best Orthodontist” in Richmond Magazine, Style Weekly, and Virginia Living and is known for his outstanding working relationships with both his patients and his peers.
When Dr. Gardner isn’t perfecting smiles at his Richmond orthodontic practice, he also serves as faculty at VCU Orthodontics, lectures nationally and internationally for Invisalign®, is very active in multiple interdisciplinary study clubs throughout each year, and has served as Chair of the Ethics Committee for the Virginia Dental Association, as well as President of the Virginia Association of Orthodontists. Dr. Gardner also teaches for the Invisalign Masters Program and performs Mission work at St. Jude’s Hospital in St. Lucia.
Dr. Gardner was born on an American Army base in West Berlin, Germany and grew up in Martinsville, VA. He is happily married with three children. In his spare time, Dr. Gardner enjoys kiteboarding, white water kayaking, rock climbing, snow skiing, juggling fire, and anything else that involves the great outdoors, his family, and his friends! He has also been known to rappel off the SunTrust building dressed as Batman.
In addition to being an orthodontist, Dr. Gardner is also a children’s author! To learn more about his books, visit his website.
- Graduate Certificate, Orthodontics, New York University, 1998
- DDS, Medical College of Virginia, 1996
- B.S., Biology, Wake Forest University, 1992
- Class President, Martinsville High School, 1988
- “Best Orthodontic Office” by Virginia Living Magazine for Best of Virginia 2020
- “Best Orthodontic Practice” by Virginia Living Magazine for Best of Virginia in 2019
- Virginia Living Magazine Top Dentist Award (2018, 2019)
- 2018 Invisalign® Conference Las Vegas: Recognized in Top 10 for The Complex Case Shoot Out; orthodontists who have achieved successful clinical outcomes using Invisalign® aligners across a broad range of malocclusions
- Published professional articles
- Active in dental/orthodontic study clubs
- Part-time Clinical Faculty Member at Medical College of Virginia for 11 years
- Chairman of Virginia Dental Association ethics committee
- Volunteers with the dentistry Missions of Mercy to under-served areas in VA
- Lectures at schools and in dental community for Invisalign
- 2017 Best Bedside Manner Award, published in OurHealth Magazine
- Performs Mission work at St. Jude’s Hospital in St. Lucia
- 2017 Top Orthodontist by Richmond Magazine
- 2018 3rd Place for Best Bedside Manner Award, published by OurHealth Magazine