Dr. Natalie La Rochelle
Dr. Natalie La Rochelle considers being an orthodontist the best job in the world, and she feels lucky to spend time with children, teens and adults and watch their smiles transform.
Dr. La Rochelle received her Bachelor of Arts in molecular and cell biology from the University of California at Berkeley. She then earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California at San Francisco, where she served as student body president and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society.
Following dental school, Dr. La Rochelle earned her Master of Science in dentistry and specialty certificate in orthodontics from Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a recipient of the Southern Association of Orthodontists’ Graduate Research Grant, the Delta Dental Student Leadership Award and the Pierre Fauchard Foundation Dental Scholarship.
Dr. La Rochelle swam competitively in college for the UC Berkeley Women’s Swimming team, where she won an NCAA National Championship, earned PAC-10 Conference All-Academic honors and competed at the USA Swimming Olympic Trials in 2004 and 2008. She is excited to be in Richmond, VA and surrounded by patients who are fellow competitive swimmers. She enjoys encouraging them and hearing about the individual goals they set for themselves, as well as their latest competitions!
Now, as an orthodontic specialist at Gardner Orthodontics, Dr. La Rochelle relies on her knowledge and expertise to help our patients achieve beautiful, healthy smiles. Her areas of interest in the field include Invisalign®, accelerated orthodontics and biomechanics.
Dr. La Rochelle grew up in a large family in Napa, California. She is one of six daughters. Her family is scattered throughout the United States, including California, Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida. In her spare time, she loves baking, golfing, traveling, camping in the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountains and — of course — swimming!
- Bachelor of Arts in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- Graduate Certificate in Orthodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, Board Certified, 2018
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award, 2015
- Inductee to the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, 2015
- Pierre Fauchard Dental Student Scholarship, 2014
- ADEA Preventive Dentistry Scholarship, 2014
- UCSF School of Dentistry Student Body President, 2014
- Ulrich Memorial Scholarship, 2013
- Published in Molecular Cell, 2013
- Craig Memorial Scholarship, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, 2013
- ADA Pre-Doctoral Dental Student Scholarship, 2013
- ADEA/AADR Academic Dental Careers Fellowship, 2013
- AADR Student Research Fellowship, 2013
- AADR Bloc Travel Grant, 2013
- NCAA Division I National Champion, Women’s Swimming and Diving, 2009
- PAC-10 Conference All-Academic Team, 2005-2009
- Two-Time United States Swimming Olympic Trials Competitor, 200m Individual Medley, 2004-2008