Gardner Orthodontics is excited to announce that we have a new orthodontist joining the team. She is the talented, delightful Dr. Julia Durham. We are so grateful and thrilled that Dr. Durham will be joining us in June 2016.
Meet Dr. Julia Durham D.D.S.
Dr. Durham grew up in Midlothian, VA and is very excited to make RVA her permanent home. She is married to David, also a dentist, and they have a precious daughter and two adorable dogs. Dr. Durham loves Richmond, VA for its beauty, great restaurants and the extra bonus of being close to her family.
Outside the Office
Dr. Durham loves being a wife and mother and considers those roles her greatest joy. Her hobbies and talents include:
- Walking with her family
Education and Training
Dr. Julia Durham comes to us with numerous accolades and top-notch education and training.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology with Distinction, University of Virginia, 2009
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, 2013
- Graduate Certificate in Orthodontics and Masters in Dental Science, University of Tennessee College of Dentistry, 2016
Some of her achievements include:
- Co-author of orthodontic publications in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and The Angle Orthodontist
- Voted “Orthodontic Student of the Year” finalist by the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, 2016
- Missions of Mercy Volunteer Award, 2013
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Predoctoral Student Award, 2013
Dr. Durham wanted to pursue a career in dentistry since fourth grade. With her father as a physics professor and an artist, her mother as a maternity nurse, she was naturally drawn to detail. “Orthodontics is the perfect combination of the arts, sciences and patient care.” Dr. Durham also credits her own childhood orthodontist for recognizing her enthusiasm and supporting her professional goals.
Most Rewarding Part of Being an Orthodontist
For Dr. Durham, the most rewarding part of being an orthodontist can be summarized by a simple moment. “After one of my patients got her braces off, I tried to take a final photo of her at rest without her smiling, but I couldn’t get it. My adorable patient couldn’t stop giggling for the picture because, “smiling is my favorite now!” You can’t get better than that!”
What Would You Like Patients to Know About You
“I truly care about and respect my patients. I want every patient to know I am thankful for you, and being there to see your smile and life change during treatment is something I will never forget.”
Please join Gardner Orthodontics in welcoming Dr. Julia Durham as our new orthodontic provider. We can’t wait to have her join us in June and we look forward to changing the world, one smile at a time.