Each year, more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment to achieve the smile they always wanted. People of all ages are choosing to straighten their teeth. The advancements in technology and materials provide many options that suit most every lifestyle.
In the constantly evolving world of orthodontics, the requirements of adult patients are easily accommodated. There are so many treatment options available today that you are sure to find a straightening system that is perfect for you. New methods, materials and new technologies make it possible for Gardner Orthodontics to provide:
- Invisalign – an invisible straightening system
- Faster treatment time
- Ceramic or clear brackets which are less noticeable
- Fewer office visits
- More comfort and flexibility
Benefits of Braces at Any Age
At Gardner Orthodontics, braces are more comfortable and convenient than ever before. If you are looking to improve your dental health and your self-esteem forever, consider the benefits of orthodontics at any age:
- Braces improve oral health by straightening teeth and making it easier to remove plaque.
- Braces improve your ability to speak, chew and bite correctly.
- Orthodontic treatment helps prevent periodontal disease, reduces bone loss, and prevents excess wear of tooth surfaces.
- Braces improve the appearance of your face and smile, which naturally brings higher self-esteem.
Orthodontic Evaluations for Adults
Orthodontic treatment for adults is a slightly different than treatment for children and teens, but not much! A full evaluation takes place before orthodontic treatment begins. This is to examine, address, and control issues more common to adults including:
- Periodontal disease
- Jaw disorders such as TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
- Gum recession
- Missing, broken, or excessively worn teeth
Other doctors and dental specialists may need to join in on a team effort for specific treatment. These issues rarely stop orthodontic treatment from being the very best option! These evaluations are important to make sure your results will be exceptional.
At Gardner Orthodontics, we take such pride in creating beautiful healthy smiles at any age. Did you know 40% of our patients are adults? We are looking forward to meeting you and evaluating your orthodontic requirements. Together we will choose a system that is robust enough to achieve your smile quickly and seamlessly fit into your lifestyle. Call today 804.282.0505 for your complimentary consultation.